Protect Kubernetes applications without complexity
IT and applications development teams are embracing Kubernetes to build and modernize apps, but many of these workloads are incorrectly protected, or completely unprotected. Existing tools offer limited protection and are focused only on Kubernetes admins and not other stakeholders in the organization such as DevOps, cloud admins, or application owners.
Ensure application availability
As application owners build and update environments, Druva automatically and securely stores snapshots of applications to enable quick and easy recovery.
Enhanced data mobility
Snapshots can be restored to a new AWS region or account for workload migration, cloning, or troubleshooting — all through Druva’s intuitive UI.
No more complexity
Automate Kubernetes backups for containerized applications in AWS, eliminating the steep learning curve of hands-on administration and maintenance tasks.
Backup Built for Kubernetes
Though Kubernetes is known for resiliency, when a container goes down, Kubernetes brings back the container but in a clean state, so the data is lost. With Druva’s Kubernetes protection, you protect the data and the environment before you suffer a critical outage, cyber-attack, or failed audit.
Secure centralized management
- Single pane of glass for simplified Kubernetes backups
- Manage backups at scale with flexible policies
- Discover Kubernetes resources in your AWS clusters within a VPC
- Support custom container workloads on Amazon EC2 or EKS
- Manage clusters across multiple regions and accounts
Comprehensive application protection
- Backup application groups and namespaces
- Protect underlying storage and databases on EBS or RDS
- Customize tiered retention options for LTR
- Application or crash consistent data protection
Fast, flexible, granular recovery
- Quickly recover entire Kubernetes applications
- Restore to existing namespaces, or a different namespace
- Restore to same cluster or alternative clusters connected to your account
- Application mobility utilizing cross-region or cross-account backups
Simplified cloud-native experience
- Easy to deploy using CloudFormation and helm commands
- Securely add Kubernetes backup into existing policies
- Supports multiple admin roles including DevOps, cloud admins, and app owners
- Clone Kubernetes workloads for maintenance or troubleshooting
Manage access to AWS EKS and custom EC2 clusters using CloudFormation and install Druva Backup Operator using helm commands to register clusters
Phil Goodwin, Research Director, IDC